Port of Texas City Career Opportunities
Rail Revenue Administrative Specialist
Description: Responsible for rail revenue invoicing processes and all customer service aspects associated with the rail operations of the Texas City Terminal Railway Company/Port of Texas City (TCT/PTC). For more information or to apply for this position, visit tctrr.com/employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a customer service environment. Ability to demonstrate verbal and written customer service communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Hard-working and dependable
- Motivated and willing to learn new processes
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Fully proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Experience in financial analysis, billing, or accounts receivable processes.
- Records, file system, and enterprise content management experience.
- Experience working in the railroad industry.
- Operate daily in TCT/PTC’s electronic rail car management system.
- Issue monthly invoices to TCT/PTC customers for their rail activities.
- Generate statistical railcar reports and rail revenue reports.
- Interface daily with both internal and external rail customers.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in-person to provide support for rail care movements.
- Take orders for rail car delivery or canceling of rail car movements from customers.
- Contact customers and respond to inquiries regarding their car movements and billing.
- Coordinate with rail yard personnel in daily operational support to ensure accuracy of TCT/PTC’s electronic rail car management system.
- Assist Director of Rail Operations in data extraction from TCT/PTC’s electronic rail car management system for creating reports.
- Trace rail car movements for internal and external customers.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for visitors at TCT/PTC’s general office.
- Process and distribute all incoming USPS mail for TCT/PTC.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of electronic and file room historical records.
- Provide clerical support for office personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- TCTRR provides an excellent benefits package including retirement and health/wellness benefits.
- Please send your resume to jmatter@tctrr to apply